What is bakrid?
Bakrid is an annual sacrifice of an animal offered to Allah during the times of Eid-ul-Adha, demonstrating the conclusion of Hajj.
What is bakrid – This sacrifice honors the actions of the Prophet Ibrahim (as), when he was set up to sacrifice his adored child Isma’il (as) after seeing in a dream that Allah needed him to do as such. However, the dream was a test from Allah, and He sent down a ram from paradise to be sacrificed in Isma’il’s (as) place.
By sacrificing an animal every year, we are affirming that we will sacrifice whatever Allah requests from us and to submit to Him totally.
What is a Prophetic Qurbani?
‘The Prophet (saw) sacrificed for the person who couldn’t sacrifice from his Ummah, one who took the stand concerning the Oneness of Allah and [his] Prophethood’. [Tabarani and Ahmad]
After satisfying his own commitment, the Prophet (saw) gave an extra Qurbani in the name of the Muslims who could not afford to do as such. We energize the entirety of our donors to restore this forgotten Sunnah and help more needy people.
When do the Qurbani sacrifices take place?
What is bakrid – Qurbani takes place after the Eid prayer on Eid-ul-Adha, from tenth twelfth Dhul Hijjah.
Any sacrifice made before the Eid prayer is considered a Sadaqah, not as the mandatory Qurbani; if you do this, you must still perform the Qurbani after Eid prayer.
Jundab bin Sufyan Al-Bajali reported, ‘I witnessed the Prophet (saw) on the Day of Nahr (or Eid day). He (saw) said, “Whoever slaughtered the sacrifice before offering the Eid prayer, should slaughter another sacrifice in its place; and whoever has not slaughtered their sacrifice yet, should slaughter now’“. (Bukhari)
Muslim Hands takes Qurbani arranges up until the third day of Eid and sacrifices the animals over the three days of Eid.
Who should give Qurbani?
Individuals who possess Nisab (least measure of wealth expecting them to pay Zakat) should give Qurbani. It is not mandatory (fard) however is highly recommended suggested (wajib)* as per the Hanafi way of thinking. Notwithstanding, Qurbani is a Sunnah act as per the Shafi, Hanbali, Maliki, and Jafari ways of thinking.
Is Qurbani fard (compulsory)?
The Prophet (saw) said (on the day of Eid), ‘The primary thing we will do on this day of our own, is to offer the (Eid) prayer and afterward get back to make the sacrifice. Whoever does as such, he acted according by our Sunnah(Bukhari)
Which Animals Can Be Sacrificed?
The animals which are qualified should meet least necessities, similar to the age of the animal for Qurbani and their condition, including:
Sheep and goats at any rate one year in age (enough for one individual’s Qurbani)
Cows or buffalo at least two years in age (enough for seven individuals’ Qurbani)
Camels of at any rate five years in age (enough for seven individuals’ Qurbani)
Likewise, all animals should be healthy and liberated from infection, including the accompanying conditions:
- They should not be blind, one-looked at or have lost a third (or a greater amount of) their sight.
- They cannot be feeling the loss of a third (or a greater amount of) their ear or tail, either through loss or since birth.
- Their horn(s) cannot be severed from their root.
- They should not have a lame leg that is adequately weak that they cannot walk on it.
- They cannot be excessively thin or lean.
- They must be able to walk themselves to the site of the slaughter.
- They cannot be toothless or missing over a large portion of their teeth.
- There is no inclination between male or female Qurbani animals. It is preferable that male Qurbani animals are castrated, however this is not obligatory.
Who Must Perform Qurbani?
Each Muslim should perform Qurbani. The only exemptions are as per the following:
- The individuals who do not have 52.5 tolas of silver, or the wealth same.
- Those not of sound mind.
- The individuals who have not yet reached and passed adolescence.
- The individuals who are traveling and are more than the Shar’i distance from home (roughly 40-45 kilometers)
What is bakrid – You are allowed to give Qurbani behalf of other people, including the individuals who have died. Regardless, you are not expected to give Qurbani animals for on behalf of your grown-up kids who can pay their own share..
How Should Qurbani Animals Be Sacrificed?
To satisfy the guidelines of the Qurbani celebration, slaughterers and slaughterhouses should abide by the following regulations::
- The creature Should be slaughtered with a sharp knife to avoid causing excessive suffering.
- The knife should not be sharpened in front of the animal.
- No animal should be slaughtered in the presence of another.
It is ideal to slaughter the animal yourself, however in the event that you don’t have a clue how, you should stay present while another person sacrifices the animal. It is likewise important to say “Bismillahi Allahu Akbar” while Slaughtered the animals. Slaughtered animals are not to be skinned until completely cold.